Well it rained just a bit! But thankfully not for too long and it certainly didn’t dampen anyone’s spirits at Saturday’s village get together.
Congratulations to Adam and Mary who won the child and adult home made crown competitions, to Charlotte who won the ‘guess the cake weight’ competition and Carina who won the skittles.
A very big thank you goes to all who were involved in making the day so enjoyable including:
- Derick Parker, Howard Roberts and Les Chaplin for sorting out the hog roast and getting up at 3am to begin cooking it! Also for being involved in the wider preparation of the whole event.
- The Village Hall Committee for their help with the organisation, staffing of stalls and the afternoon tea and in particular to Martin & Vicki for the use of their garden.
- John Rylott / Tim Snipe for the donation of logs to cook the hog roast.
- Brett & Kathryn at the Willow Tree for the keg of beer donation.
- Steve & Elaine Beeching at Newark Embroidery for the best crown prize donations.
- Sylvia Hiscock, for the ‘guess the cake’ donation.
- Yvette Wellard, for donating the Pimms and for all the running around, advice and helping to bring everything together.
- Simon who lives at the neighbouring property to the village green, for providing an electricity supply.
- Everyone who helped on the day including Neil G, Clem L, Graham G, Graham & Robert B, Jacqui P, Karin C, and to all who came along to support the event.
It was lovely to see so many villagers coming
together, newcomers and old timers alike. The event wasn’t meant primarily as a fundraiser, but despite this a fantastic £763 was raised on the day which will be split between our 2 community buildings, the church (75%) and the village hall (25%).
A slide-show of photos from the day is below. If you have any photos you’d like to add, please email them to email@example.com.