Barnby in the Willows Conservation Area

Almost all the houses in Barnby fall within the conservation area. Planning rules are more strict in a conservation area and it is wise to seek pre-planning advice before carrying out even small alterations to property. You will need permission for the demolition of any building which is more than 115 cu metres or any wall or fence over 1 metre high which borders the public highway. Trees also make a major contribution to the character of conservation areas and safeguarding them is one of the most important aspects of conservation area control. Newark and Sherwood District Council must be given six weeks written notice and an application submitted for any work involving pruning or felling trees. Below is the village conservation area. Please click on the image below for a larger view

For further general information on planning and building control, please visit the Newark & Sherwood District Council website link below: (external website opens a new window, Barnby parish council is not responsible for any external website content)

conservation area